FROM THE MODERN DOLL CONVENTION 2002
Stardust Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2 -5 2001
Some news and info from the convention:
- Mel Odom has designed a Cissy doll for the 2003 Madame Alexander Line
- Alex will be getting a new female friend next year with a "different
and unusual" body shape (Gail Jarvis' descriptive words)
- Clea Bella dolls were available for sale
- The Tonner "man-doll" is a definite for next year
- "Tiny Kitty Collier", an 10 1/2" version of Kitty will also
be available next year. She has bendable knees, twist waist, and a hip
ball joint so she can cross her legs. Some of next year's Tiny Kitty
line will include a trunk set, original outfits, and some shadow dolls of
the 18" Kitty.
- The Eve line is going slowly, but is not dead. It looks like Saffron
Sunset Eve (picture can be found in my 2002 Toy Fair coverage) will be the
next one available. I really hope that's true - she is a stunning
doll. Also, Eve's new face paint is really lovely. If you
haven't seen any of the newer Eve dolls (I'm not sure how many have been
available), take another look at her when you can. I will post
pictures of the Eve convention doll later this week - she is being shipped
back to me. (Ditto for the convention Alex and Gene centerpiece stewardess
- MDC Convention 2003 is the 25th anniversary and will also be at the
Stardust Hotel in Las Vegas.
Page 1- Dolls from various competition categories
Page 2 - More dolls from various competition
Page 3 - Convention souvenir and
Page 4 - Clea Bella pictures.
Actual production dolls, some prototypes, and a 2003 preview.
Page 5 - Madame Alexander one of a
kind dolls and a 2003 preview of Alex and friends